Big stuff

Forums / News / Big stuff

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-11 22:04

Update is done!

So what changed:
* Fog of war
* You can undo only 3 times. Each time you undo, you give more undo possibilities to your opponents.
* Added more animations
* Some changes to the ruleset - Knight is now better, ram weaker against melee. Other minor changes related new battle system, but most ideas are the same. So no worries
* Networking is a lot smoother
* Map loading should be a lot faster for bigger maps. (Might be a little slower for small maps)
* Battle calculator is exact, not approximate, but idea of the battle system is the same.
* King is gone, it is just a unit on most maps now. (Will be special unit for campaigns and can not be added anymore to maps.)
* Scripting. It is possible to add cool scripts to maps. Documentation about it will come soon!

We had few complications though:
* Campaigns are temporarily not available, as the AI decided to make a fool out of himself

If you see something is wrong, please let us know, so we can fix it super fast

And if you really enjoy, please support us with a donation

Lothar

Posted:
2011-03-12 04:50

Sweetness!

Lothar

Posted:
2011-03-12 16:44

I do really enjoy and donation made. Thanks for all the hard work.

torte

Posted:
2011-03-15 02:36

did you change the unit stats balduran? i remember that before the update archers received a penatly on forest tiles. now they seem to get +2. in fact, there are no negative numbers at all anymore in the list. does everybody get bonuses only?

oh and by the way, some of the pages in the help section cut stuff off. for example under 'Softening the defender' i see only half of the 3rd image. firefox 3.6.15 and resolution 1440x900

sirwhale

Posted:
2011-03-15 08:45

balduran, the history charts are too big and i have to refresh the page to get rid of them. this didn´t happen on the last version. otherwise all good

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-15 10:58

torte
No, unit stats should be all the same. (Two exceptions - knight secondary move is 3 hexes, before was 2, but it costs 50 more and rams are a little weaker against melee units.)
Other stuff should all be same.. If something is different, please let me know.

I checked the archers too and they do get -2 penalty when on forest, but there is a bug on manual page. I will fix it asap.

sirwhale
I sent a message to you about it. To get a little more info.

njoy

Posted:
2011-03-15 11:35

Baludran, I am wondering why rams are so quick now. 4 hexes movement. Has this previously been like that?

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-15 11:38

They should be two hexes. There was 1-2 days when it was 4, but now it is 2 in ALL games. (I hope no one got too much advantage out of it)

njoy

Posted:
2011-03-15 11:46

ok, I will keep my eyes open in my games

Hal2000

Posted:
2011-03-16 02:22

Torte mentioned seeing a centurion heal 3 sitting on a castle. Has there been a change to how units heal?

Coopels

Posted:
2011-03-16 05:42

It seems that I am not able to open and see a game that I am not playing in. Is this a new feature because of the fog of war or a bug that came from the update?

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-16 11:26

Yes, on buildings most of the units heal faster. I will create a help table about it. It comes with a cost though, as you can't build more units from that building, but buildings close to battle are usually the most important ones.

other peoples games - yes, it is related to this. We can't allow other users viewing the game like there is no fog, as spying would get very easy this way

Coopels

Posted:
2011-03-17 22:36

I do have to say that since the update the naval power balance is messed up. Essentially now you only need battleships and longboats to take down anyone. Galleys are only useful in surprise attacks through fog but can't even do much damage when they are. Cog are pretty well useless except as transports too even with the bonus to attacking heavy ships. Maybe lowering the costs of galleys and cogs would make them useful again if nothing else were to change.

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-18 12:11

Coopels, naval balance is now restored. Let me know if something else looks odd.

njoy

Posted:
2011-03-18 17:35

it was not always that longboats cost 200, no?

njoy

Posted:
2011-03-18 17:49

ok, for professional sneakers:
is there a chance to implement an indication of the sight range of an enemy unit as soon as one clicks on it (the way the firing range is indicated)?

Lothar

Posted:
2011-03-22 20:13

can you give a little more detail as to how fog of war works. I notice I can move a unit to reveal terrain and then undo that move. I cannot attack units out of my visual range even if I can move up into range. this seems to really affect attacking. seems like if you move up and reveal an opponent you should be able to attack if you don't undo. ??

Balduran

Posted:
2011-03-24 03:04

I will add manual section about it soon!

Lothar

Posted:
2011-07-31 19:12

Did this manual section get added? I still have questions about how fog is working. Still seems like you should be able to attack after moving, but I guess the way the attacks work this is difficult to accomplish. Does certain terrain affect viewing? Seems like mountains should increase view and forest maybe reduce...

lucygray

Posted:
2018-05-31 11:18

Seizing join with Quickbooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-336-0774.
Visit here: http://www.quickbooks.technical-supportnumber.com/

lucygray

Posted:
2018-05-31 12:25

Quicken Customer Support Phone Number.
Visit Here: http://www.quicken.technical-supportnumber.com/

lucygray

Posted:
2018-05-31 12:36

Sage Tech Support Number +1888-336-0774 software simplifies everything from the customer billing to real-time collaboration.
http://www.sage.technical-supportnumber.com/

testodrive

Posted:
2018-10-10 14:12

Testo Drive 365 formulas in the event that you're never going to move on asking for them. Testo drive 365 canada In any case, else, you can grab the No.1 muscle pill for yourself. That way, you're asking for the best condition, and you don't have to go scanning for the other one. To get more info about visit here: http://www.buysupplementcanada.ca/testo-drive-365/

Please login to post.